United States Postal Service (USPS) is a government organization that is responsible for providing the postal services in the US. It is indeed the biggest postal service operations in the country. At the present moment, USPS has employed more than 600,000 employees all over the United States.
This humungous staff size itself explains the stature of the organization. In order to manage such a large base of employees, USPS had to come up with an effective employee management system. Among the various employee management tools, LiteBlue is the most widely used self-service portal by its employees.
The LiteBlue portal allows the employees access to a wide range of employment-related information including schedule, paystub, benefits and a lot more. On this portal, the employees can also gain access to their retirement plans.
USPS offers various retirement plans or schemes to its existing employees. To make sure that the employees experience no hassles accessing the USPS retirement plans, they have also introduced the eRetire service which is accessible through the LiteBlue portal. eRetire helps the employees view the retirement plans they are entitled to and also choose the one that suits them the most. Presently, the employees can be eligible for one of the following two options:
- 1.Retirement option for the employees who are within 5 years from the retirement
- 2.Retirement option for those who have already retired (or already qualified) to avail the retirement benefits or are within 6 months from retirement
HOW TO ACCESS E RETIRE FORM?
e Retire service is available through the LiteBlue portal. So, all you have to do is follow these simple steps:
- 1.Visit https://liteblue.usps.gov/wps/portal
- 2.Log in with your Employee ID and Password (if you have forgotten the password click HERE to read our password reset guide). You can find the Employee ID on your paystub
- 3.Find MyHR tab around the top and click on it
- 4.On the next page click ‘Employees App’ near the bottom
- 5.You should now be able to see the list of apps and services. Click on ‘eRetire.’
This is where you can see the retirement schemes you are eligible for.
Important Points to Note While Accessing And Filling The Retirement Application:
There are a few things you would like to be aware of.
Only the full-time employees of the organization can see the automatic estimated of the annuity. The Post Inspectors or part-time employees will have to calculate their annuity estimate manually. If you are not sure how to go about it, you can get in touch with your HR team for clarification.
The retirement benefits are available only once you have retired. However, you need to fill the eRetire form in advance at the right time to make sure that the scheme becomes effective immediately after your retirement. This will also make sure you do not face any inconvenience later.
If you do not wish to fill the online eRetire form, you can request HR to send it to your postal address.
Free counseling sessions are available to the employees to help them choose the right plan for their retirement.