How To Change USPS Password: United States Postal Services (USPS ) is one of the biggest postal services in the world. It operates all over the United States and has several offices across the country. The organization delivers hundreds of thousands of correspondences and emails every day. In order to manage everything smoothly, they have employed nearly 600,000 people.
To manage these many people, USPS has created a variety of employee management tools. It also has a self-service portal for its employees called LiteBlue. As an employee of the company, you can access this portal with your employee ID and password. If you have forgotten the password, there is no need to worry.
You can reset and change the password quite easily. This guide will walk you through the step by step process to change the LiteBlue USPS password. Keep reading!
Steps To Change LiteBlue USPS Password:
You need to change USPS password in two scenarios:
- 1.When it is your first-time login to the LiteBlue portal using the temporary password given to you
- 2.When you have forgotten an existing password
If it is the first scenario, it is likely that you are new to the organization and you have been assigned a temporary LiteBlue USPS password for your account access. The password is sent to you by postal mail or email. When you log in with this password you are prompted to change it immediately. This measure has been taken to maintain the safety of your Liteblue account. You are thus required to create your own password for future account access.
Once you have created the password you can log in to LiteBlue with your employee ID and password. However, if you have forgotten your existing password with which you access your LiteBlue account, you will again be required to change or reset it. Reset process is simple.
Here Are The Steps To Change USPS Password:
- 1.Use any mobile or PC browser and open https://liteblue.usps.gov/wps/portal
- 2.This is the login page where you need to enter Employee ID and password. Under the ‘Log On’ button click ‘Forget Your Password?’ link
- 3.You will now be redirected to the SSP page. Here you need to enter your employ ID also called Employee Identification Number (EIN). If you don’t know or remember EIN, you can check it on your paystub. It is on the top of ‘Employee ID’
- 4.Click on ‘Very Employee ID’
- 5.The next you need to do is follow the simple onscreen instruction to reset and change the LiteBlue USPS password.
Please note that LiteBlue password cannot be used for SSP IVR offered by USPS. IVR uses a separate PIN for authentication. If you have forgotten your PIN you can log in to the SSP website and reset it.
USPS users can also create an account on the USPS consumer portal. But, it is different from LiteBlue which is exclusive to the employees. If you are a USPS customer you can go to https://reg.usps.com/forgot to change the password.